7 Members. Term: 4 years. Starts July 1. Meets in odd-numbered months. Reports in February. Hosts in December. Open to attenders. Members include ex-officio website, media and Communications.
The Inreach/Outreach Committee is charged with enhancing the social life of the Meeting as a faith community and enhancing its relations with the wider community – including but not limited to various forms of hospitality for members, attenders and visitors, social activities, media/public relations, and participation in activities of the Newtown and Bucks County communities.
The Inreach/Outreach Committee will:
- Define roles and organize activities to further committee mission.
- Welcome visitors through the role of greeter and other means. recording, contact and tracking process for visitors.
- Defines the difference between visitors and attenders and determines when nametags are issued, website password is shared and names are added to the mailing list and meeting directory.
- Ensure that new attenders who want to become involved get nametags and are included in the directory and e-news lists. Help attenders quickly engage in the life of the Meeting through invitations to various activities.
- Maintain records of new visitors and both long and short term attenders. Send regular updates to Recorder. Do outreach to attenders who have not been seen in several months; notify Recorder of those who can be removed.
- Conduct the welcome postcard program to new arrivals in the Newtown area.
- Responsible for organizing NFM community social activities such as Friendly Eights, refreshments after worship on first days, book and other discussions, and picnics.
- Through press releases (Communications Committee), promotes meeting events to the wider community.
- Identify a coordinator for the annual Pancake Breakfast on Easter Sunday. The coordinator will find helpers, do purchasing, and implement the breakfast.