Building & Grounds Committee Description.
10 Members. 4 year Terms. Meets monthly. Reports in February. Hosts in March. Open to Attenders.
The Building & Grounds Committee is responsible for the care of both the building and grounds, including the burial ground, parking, maintenance and use of the building. Link here for reservation calendar.
- Is responsible for the general care of the equipment, appliances, and property; inventories these items periodically;
- Coordinates housekeeping tasks and addresses orphaned clutter;
- Employs and manages caretakers and contractors for the property, and maintains contracts, permits, and insurance with all 3rd parties concerning care and use of the property;
- Oversees the graveyard liaisons, approving policies for burials and maintaining records;
- Reviews the needs for capital improvements to the Meeting property and makes recommendations to monthly meeting concerning these needs;
- Receives all requests for use of the Meetinghouse and keeps a calendar of such use. Oversees all outside parties in their use of the meetinghouse and acts as a liaison for Newtown Monthly meeting;
- Coordinates and directs meeting community workdays.
- Manages building access (keys).
- Addresses safety issues, including fire inspections, liaison with police deparatment, maintain AED and first aid kits.
Use of the Meetinghouse. Check the reservation calendar for availability. Requests to use the meetinghouse must be made to the clerk of Building & Grounds. email@example.com.