Building & Grounds Committee Description.
10 Members. 4 year Terms. Meets monthly. Reports in February. Hosts in March. Open to Attenders.
The Building & Grounds Committee is responsible for the care of both the building and grounds, including the burial ground, parking, maintenance and use of the building. Link here for reservation calendar.
- Is responsible for the general care of the equipment, appliances, and property; inventories these items periodically;
- Coordinates housekeeping tasks and addresses orphaned clutter;
- Employs and manages caretakers and contractors for the property, and maintains contracts, permits, and insurance with all 3rd parties concerning care and use of the property;
- Oversees the graveyard liaisons, approving policies for burials and maintaining records;
- Reviews the needs for capital improvements to the Meeting property and makes recommendations to monthly meeting concerning these needs;
- Receives all requests for use of the Meetinghouse and keeps a calendar of such use. Oversees all outside parties in their use of the meetinghouse and acts as a liaison for Newtown Monthly meeting;
- Coordinates and directs meeting community workdays.
- Manages building access (keys).
- Addresses safety issues, including fire inspections, liaison with police deparatment, maintain AED and first aid kits.